Personally, I am particularly interested in genes that do something with us during embryonic development. And hardly any genes make anything more crucial than SRY during our embryonic development. The acronym stands for Sex determining Region on Y-chromosomes and in fact, the name says almost everything.… Read more
- AAVs ACE2 ACE inhibitors Angiotensin Brain Bsx camostat mesylate childhood dementia Coronavirus CRISPR Development Disease Dissertation DNA repair Drosophila enzyme replacement therapy Fly Room Gene Therapy genetic compensation Hamburg Homeobox Homeotic Mutations Hypothalamus Josef Penninger knock-down knock-out Lungs Lysosome Neuroanatomy oligonucleotides Pandemic personalized medicine Pineal Gland pneumocytes recombinant proteins Renin René Descartes SARS-CoV2 SRY Thesis TMPRSS2 Transcription Factor Upf3a Virus Zebrafish
of the Special Prize of the Editor for the best Science Blog in 2019 by “Wissenschaft kommuniziert“
- What the heck is Comirnaty? Or Tozinameran?
- The CLN Genes – When Children get Dementia
- BSX – several years of my life and a thesis at last
- TMPRSS2, the entry point of SARS-CoV2 – Part 2
- ACE2, the entry point of SARS-CoV2 – Part 1
- MYBPC3: Editing the Human Germline
- Dsup: What are water baers doing in space?
- Upf3a, the genetic crisis manager
- Arc – How an ancient virus helps us learn
- p53, how we almost forgot about the guardian of the genome when CRISPRing around