Coronaviruses. For my part, I actually didn’t know anything about them, until the beginning of this very special year 2020. And then this year everything turned upside down and by now you have probably all heard enough of the latest coronavirus strain, SARS-CoV2. For those of you who spent the last months on Mars: SARS-CoV2 is the third strain of coronaviruses that recently expanded its range of host animals successfully to include humans and in this new host, us, can trigger serious respiratory diseases. … Read more
- AAVs ACE2 ACE inhibitors Angiotensin Brain Bsx camostat mesylate childhood dementia Coronavirus CRISPR Development Disease Dissertation DNA repair Drosophila enzyme replacement therapy Fly Room Gene Therapy genetic compensation Hamburg Homeobox Homeotic Mutations Hypothalamus Josef Penninger knock-down knock-out Lungs Lysosome Neuroanatomy oligonucleotides Pandemic personalized medicine Pineal Gland pneumocytes recombinant proteins Renin René Descartes SARS-CoV2 SRY Thesis TMPRSS2 Transcription Factor Upf3a Virus Zebrafish
of the Special Prize of the Editor for the best Science Blog in 2019 by “Wissenschaft kommuniziert“
- What the heck is Comirnaty? Or Tozinameran?
- The CLN Genes – When Children get Dementia
- BSX – several years of my life and a thesis at last
- TMPRSS2, the entry point of SARS-CoV2 – Part 2
- ACE2, the entry point of SARS-CoV2 – Part 1
- MYBPC3: Editing the Human Germline
- Dsup: What are water baers doing in space?
- Upf3a, the genetic crisis manager
- Arc – How an ancient virus helps us learn
- p53, how we almost forgot about the guardian of the genome when CRISPRing around